MX Display is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with the privacy statement.
MX Display may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page periodically to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25 May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and Job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
How we gather information
We will have gathered information in one or more of the following ways:
- You or someone else has expressly shared your contact details with us for the purpose of receiving information now and/or in the future
- We have previously met at an event and your business card or contact details were handed to us willingly
- Through our SaaS provider, we have been informed that you or a business colleague has visited our website and we believe that there is a genuine legitimate interest in our services
- You have previously connected with a member of our team via Linkedin and discussed our services
- A member of our team has found your business and your contact details online, believing that your business would genuinely be interested in MX Display, based upon your job function aligning with our typical customer profiles they have made contact to introduce you to our services
- Your data has been purchased by a registered third party data supplier, which will have been segmented by industry, organisation size and job function based upon our typical customer profiles. (Due diligence checks around GDPR compliance will have been conducted accordingly)
In line with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 we have assessed all six grounds for lawful processing of personal data and have selected ‘Legitimate Interests’ as the most suitable lawful ground for the processing of data for the purposes of marketing and sales. We believe that the individuals that we process the data of, are likely to have an interest in our product. Deemed as ‘Legitimate Interest’ this is based upon specific criteria including the business industry sector, size of organisation as well as the individual’s job function within the organisation.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and thus gather for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails and new products, special offers or other information which we thing you may find interesting using the email address you have provided.
- Occasionally, we may also use your information to contact you for marketing purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computers hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for analytical purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have control over the said other website. Therefore we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required to by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish for this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation 2018. A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write to MX Display, Unit 1C, Meteor Business Park, Mansfield Road, Derby DE21 4ST.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.